Are you up for the NCSC challenge?
- The NCSC undergraduate competition is a basic sales call skills challenge. The competition is an elimination style tournament where all participants compete in the opening round.
- During the first round all competitors call on the same fictional organization and sell the same product. This round includes nine different flights with up to eight competitors, who have the same set of judges and same prospect/buyer. Top scoring performers move on to the Quarter-Final round. The other competitors continue via a Wildcard round or bracket, immediately following the opening round.
- Wildcard winners also move on to the Quarter-Final round
- All rounds of competition are “seeded.” The opening round is seeded according to the results of past NCSC rankings of the university while the following rounds are seeded according to how the individual competitors perform in their previous round.
Let's Look at the Rules for the NCSC First...
- Contestants are allocated 20 minutes to complete the sales call. Sales skills exhibited by competitors are the primary areas evaluated.
- Individual competitors are eligible for awards. Team awards are based on the combined cumulative scores of the two teammates.
- The competition is a tournament-style format which includes 5 rounds of competition. All competitors are guaranteed at least two rounds of competition. Contestants are evaluated based on the judging criteria.
- A maximum of two competitors is allowed from each University. Other students from the competing schools as well as non-competing universities are encouraged to attend and participate in the exclusive Sales Career Fair and other networking activities.
- All undergraduate contestants must be considered full-time undergraduate students from their respective school during the time of the NCSC.